CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Week 11: Online applications and tools


Google docs and Zoho
I have tried free online office applications from Google Docs and Zoho. These are good. For example, to create a meeting agenda, people can access and contribute their commons whenever they want. These applications can be used both online and offline, very convenient for users.

I used my Google account to access Google Docs. It is very easy to use.
I made a contact list for Sydney public libraries. I uploaded it into my Google Doc. Then I invited nswpln@gmail.com to share this file. The list does not include branches. Everybody is welcome to add branch contact details to the list.


I created an account with Zoho. Zoho has more features than Google Doc. It has Zoho Sheet, Zoho Meeting etc.. I like Zoho Meeting very much.

So many online applications are free. We could make use of these applications and tools in our libraries.

0 comments: